“Bonding with others is a fast track to happiness,” experts say. OK. So I am not sure any experts have ever actually said that (it was just the sample sentence at dictionary.com). But I do agree with the sentiment, especially at work! Having good relationships with co-workers can make a bad job bearable and a [...]
“Bonding with others is a fast track to happiness,” experts say.
OK. So I am not sure any experts have ever actually said that (it was just the sample sentence at dictionary.com). But I do agree with the sentiment, especially at work!
Having good relationships with co-workers can make a bad job bearable and a good job even better.
So that’s why we think it’s important to have some fun in the office. You know, a nice lunch out or pizza and cupcakes in the office now and then.
Of course, bonding can be a challenge here, with half of us in the States and half of us in Europe. But it makes us think creatively. Like sending an Account Manager to Europe for the week on a whim. Or bringing a couple developers over here to hang out with us.
This Friday, each office is bonding in its own way. But I’ll think we’ll all be happier on Monday as a result!
- Evi has summer vacation on her mind. She shared these expert tips for packing a suitcase from Louis Vuitton. Bon voyage!
- Feeling antsy at your desk? Maybe goofing off would help you focus! Debbi shared 8 ways it might help you be more productive.
- And of course if those tips don’t work – there’s always retirement. Deb is also dreaming of the future in this article…
- Why do we use Typo3? Sotiris agrees with many of the reasons in this blog post. (Look for more on this topic coming soon!)
- Should you design from left to right, like the way you read? Michail found this article about UX design that says maybe not.
- And if breaking that rule is ok, what other design rules are made to be broken? He also shared this article that talks about when design patterns shouldn’t be used.
- The last link from Michail is some amazing macro pictures on a photography blog. Can you tell what instruments these pictures are?
- Go behind the scenes of a McDonald’s photo shoot with my favorite link of the week. You’ll see what goes into making those burgers look so good.
- We’ve been saying this for months! Years even! But mobile advertising is really about to take off. Deirdre shared this article with reasons why.
- Races for charity aren’t new. But Jackie shared this article about how they are going digital. Get in a workout and raise money for a good cause at the same time!
- So I’ve never wanted to be kidnapped before – until now. Ilias shared this very cool campaign from Adidas France. He wishes they did stuff like this in Greece!
- As the new World Trade Center complex is rebuilt, there are bound to be many celebrations to mark the occasion. Kyriaki found one of the more unusual ones; a team of people built a human tower on skyscraper roof – and set a world record.
- Like ink blot tests in the sky, everyone likes to try to see shapes and pictures in clouds. Lina shared a video of a crazy hat-shaped cloud that appeared in Japan. I wonder what that means?