As I wrote a few weeks ago, the first word to pop in my head when I start writing this weekly blog is almost always “busy”. That’s still true. But today, something magical happened; we had a chance to relax! In what many of us are calling “the best ten minutes of a workday ever”, [...]
As I wrote a few weeks ago, the first word to pop in my head when I start writing this weekly blog is almost always “busy”.
That’s still true. But today, something magical happened; we had a chance to relax!
In what many of us are calling “the best ten minutes of a workday ever”, we were treated to an in-office massage. It’s amazing how even just ten minutes of pure relaxation can reduce stress and turn a day around.
So, it got me thinking – not everyone can work at customedialabs, and sadly, even we can’t have a massage every day. But what else can we do in the middle of a busy work day – quickly – to just relax and de-stress ourselves?
Here are ten tips from WebMD. Some of them are really simple, like just sitting and breathing deeply and some require a little preparation, like sipping on hot tea.
(And if all else fails, I hear reading the customedialabs blog is great stress relief!)
Whatever you do, never underestimate the benefits of taking ten minutes to yourself.
- Kyriaki shared this news story about some crazy people diving into waterfalls in the Balkans. They lived to tell about it.
- Evi is planning ahead for future vacations. She shared a top 25 list of travel destinations. (How many vacation days do we have again?)
- File this under “why didn’t I think of that?!” Debbi shared this article about OneID, the new startup that could save you from keeping track of 50 different web usernames and passwords.
- There comes a time when we all need to critique someone else. Avoid making it awkward or offensive, and keep it nice and productive with these great tips that Anthea shared. Also, your shirt looks stupid. (How did I do?)
- As our Head of User Experience, Anthea is fascinated by what makes people tick. If you are too, check out this free online Psychology course from Yale and learn all about human thought and behavior.
- This week’s Oops! Moment in Advertising is brought to you by Regina. Reebok pulled the ads they put in gyms. Probably because they said, “Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.” It’s surprising that some people were offended by that one…
- You probably already know lots of cool things you can do with iPads. But you haven’t seen iPad magic until you’ve seen this link submitted by John Spanos.
- John also shared this moving video about the power of words.
- I scream, but apparently some people jump, for ice cream! (Or “algida” as our team in Greece would say.) Ilias shared this fun buzzworthy campaign for an ice cream brand.
- Ilias shared another great campaign, this one for a chocolate company. They gave away chocolate in exchange for good deeds. As Ilias said, FREE CHOCOLATE + GENEROSITY + FACEBOOK = WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK??
- Ilias also shared the world’s first Pinterest campaign. Kotex ran a campaign that is true to the spirit of Pinterest, but still promoted their brand in a positive way.